STEM Career Taster Program October Intake
(Applications now open)
Are you a young person interested in technology, looking to pursue a career in this field?
We are now accepting applications/referral for 10-young people in Melbourne’s West aged 17-25, for STEM Careers Taster Program October intake. The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Careers Taster Program takes participants through five STEM career taster challenge weeks (1 day onsite per week with additional self-paced learning challenges at home) consisting of hands-on-learning with some of the latest technologies, industry mentors and visits. The program is designed to put STEM in a real-world context and expose participants to the breadth of opportunity STEM careers offer and the variety of pathways into STEM industries.
Following the 5-week challenge, participants will have the opportunity to apply for a causal paid work experience in the ‘Western BACE STEM Squad’, supporting the team deliver Coding, Robotics and Tech programs during school holidays and in term afterschool STEM club.
Included in the program:
- Hands-on-learning with the latest technologies & robotics
- Industry visits (Toyota Hydrogen Centre) and guest speakers
- Access to the Western BACE network of entrepreneurs, technology specialists and corporate partners
- Opportunity to apply for paid employment work experience with the western BACE STEM Squad
- Resume and job application reference
Who can apply and or referred:
- Young people aged 17 – 25 years interested in technology
- Year 11 & 12 students, who maybe currently studying IT and or video gamer
- Year 10 students (exemption) can be made for those with a strong interest in technology
- Interested in learning about the variety of STEM careers and pathways
- Living in Melbourne’s West
- A can-do attitude
Program is fully funded, so there is NO COST to referrals eligibility.